WEDNESDAY'S WORDS ON THE WEB
A Weekly Newsletter for Saint James School Families and Staff
November 22, 2017
November School Calendar
November Parish Calendar
November Lunch Menu
Saint James School Homepage
Saint James School Facebook Page
Weekly Bulletin Letter to Parishioners
From the Principal's Desk:
Dear Saint James School Parents, Students, and Friends,
As a reminder, Bishop James Checchio will be visiting Saint James School on Monday, November 27. He will lead our prayer service which starts at 10 AM and shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. Parents are welcome to join us for the prayer service, so I hope to see you all there! Parents, please make sure the children are in full and proper winter uniforms on Monday so we can show the Bishop proper respect.
On this Thanksgiving Eve, I would like to share with you the things for which I am most thankful. First, of course, I am thankful for my family who is so supportive and loving. I am thankful for the “dream team” of Monsignor Cronin, Sister Joann, and myself – we work together so well! I am thankful for our dedicated teachers who have proven to me that they will do anything and everything for their students’ progress and success. I am thankful for the students of Saint James School who are caring, generous, and hard-working, and for their parents who truly want to support our wonderful Catholic school. For all of this I am grateful to God for all of the joys and gifts He has given me. I strive everyday to be worthy of them.
This Thanksgiving, I wish you all a day filled with love and thanks for the many blessings our Lord has bestowed upon you. Please be assured of my continued prayers for the students and families of Saint James School.
News You Can Use:
- School pictures, including 8th grade photo proofs, were sent home with your student(s) this week. If you are missing any of your student(s) picture packets, please email Mrs. Delaplain at email@example.com. Lifetouch will be at Saint James School for picture retakes on Wednesday, December 6.
- Please be sure to update the School Office with any changes to your Parent/Guardian Contact Information, including any new email addresses or, if you relocate, your new mailing address. Also, so that you may receive notification of any delayed openings or school closings related to inclement weather, please be sure that your family contact information in our Honeywell Instant Alert system is correct. If you require assistance with this setup, please email Mrs. Debbie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date! Our annual SJS fundraiser Spring Jam will take place on Saturday, March 24, 2018. Click here for more information.
- Start your Christmas shopping at Vineyard Vines in the Short Hills Mall on Sunday, November 26 from 11 AM - 2 PM and save 10% on your purchase. 10% of your total purchase will also be donated to SJS! Click here for details.
- Let us all begin the holiday season by reminding ourselves of the “Light of Christ.” The Saint James School community would like to invite all as we celebrate the first festive event of the Advent/Christmas season. Join us for a creative afternoon of Advent Wreath making in the St. James Parish Multipurpose Room on Sunday, December 3 from 1-3pm. We supply the makings for your wreath; including beautifully fresh greens, a wreath frame, holly, and an Advent candle set. Seasonal music and refreshments will help set the mood. A blessing of the wreaths will also take place. Pre-registration required / $30 per family for materials. Click here for the event registration form. RSVP by November 22 and be entered into raffle to win a free advent wreath kit!
- We are now collecting new toys for the Annual John Corr Family Resources Christmas Party. The toys collected will help about 150 children and mothers in need. These families are 200% below the poverty level and have fallen through the cracks and do not know how to get the help they need. This is just a little way to give them lives with dignity. The collection is ongoing until Friday, December 8. There will be a basket at the entrance of school for your unwrapped, new toy donations. Thank you in advance for serving those most in need!
- This year's Breakfast with Santa event will take place on Saturday, December 9 in the Parish Center Auditorium. Santa visits from 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM. Click here for more information and to make your family's reservation.
- Saint James School is now participating in Stop and Shop's A+ School Rewards Program. Just register your Stop and Shop Savings card and shop as you normally would, and cash rewards will automatically accumulate for SJS! Click here for more information and how to register your card.