2017 - 2018 CYM Basketball Registration Information for Student Athletes and Coaches
Online Registration for the 2017- 2018 Saint James CYM Basketball Season (Boys and Girls; Grades 3-12) will begin on Sunday, October 1st and will remain open until Saturday, October 21st.
Registration for coaches and student athletes must be completed using the SportsSignup website: sjb.sportssignup.com
The Saint James CYM Basketball Program is open to all interested boys and girls in Grades 3-12 whose families are active members of Saint James Church and who are either current students at Saint James School (through Grade 8), or attend CCD or Family Catechesis (through Grade 8). We also accept players from parishes that do not participate in a CYM Program.
To begin the registration process, login and create an account (if a new player) on sjb.sportssignup.com. Please have the following information available before you begin, and follow all instructions during the online registration process.
- Medical Insurance Information (Carrier, Policy Number, etc.)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Student-Athlete t-shirt size
All online registration forms on sjb.sportssignup.com must be printed at the time of initial registration. (You will not be able to sign-in again just to print your forms.) In addition to the forms on sjb.sportssignup.com, the following forms must be printed and completed. Please click on each form below to access and print.
Forms should be appropriately completed, signed, and notarized, as applicable, and brought, along with your payment, to one of the mandatory parent meetings noted below. There will be two checks collected at the time of registration: the player's particpation fee; and a $100 uniform bond that will be returned when the player returns his/her uniform at the end of the season. Please make all checks payable to 'Saint James School.'
- First registration meeting: Sunday, October 22, 2017 from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Second registration meeting: Thursday October 26, 2017 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Players are ineligible for practices or games until the registration process detailed above is fully complete.
During the month of November, teams will be formed, coaches will be assigned, and uniforms will be distributed.
The Diocese of Metuchen CYM Basketball League games are played on Saturdays beginning the first weekend in December and ending in the middle of March.
Should you have any questions concerning the CYM Basketball Program, please contact Rich Jambrina at email@example.com.
WE ALWAYS NEED NEW COACHES!
Please be aware that in order to coach, you must complete the following:
- Application to Coach (on the sjb.sportssignup.com)
- NFHS On Line Safety Courses (three courses to be completed)
- Background check (if more than three years from last fingerprinting)
- Virtus “Protecting God's Children” training
- Diocese of Metuchen Volunteer Application
- Code of Pastoral Conduct
- Coaches Responsibilities form (on the sjb.sportssignup.com)
All applications to coach will be reviewed. All coaches (including returning coaches) will be notified whether their applications have been approved. Please have the following information available when you complete the coaching application:
- Previous coaching experience (years)
- Previous Saint James CYM Basketball coaching experience (years coached in program)
- Certificates of completion of NFHS on line courses
- Date and location of most recent background check
- Date and location of Virtus “Protecting God's Children” class
- Date and location of Diocese of Metuchen Volunteer Application
- Date and location of Code of Pastoral Conduct
- Coaches Responsibilities Form
- Shirt size for Coaches Shirt
- Coaches Consent - During the registration process for prospective coaches, a Coach Consent Form will appear. Using your web browser, please print this form. After printing the form, please click the red Continue button in the upper left portion of your screen. After completing the Coaches registration process, please review the printed form, and sign where indicated.
- All properly completed forms may be hand delivered or mailed to the Saint James School Office; c/o Rich Jambrina; 200 South Finley Avenue; Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 Questions? Contact Rich Jambrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.