There are many ways to help out throughout the year including but not limited to: Catholic Schools Week, Spring Fundraiser, Yearbook, Class Trip Chaperones, Individual Class Parties, and Playground Duty Volunteers.
Thank you in advance for your time and support!
Please be advised that you will need to complete these steps in order to volunteer at Saint James School.
For any specific questions on these opportunities or more, please either contact your child's class parent or a member of the HSA at: email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support on playground duty! We are so grateful for your time and know the kids are too.
If you're not already signed up and would like to help out, please click below or email Cindy Galiani firstname.lastname@example.org.
The schedule is posted as PDF in the right column.
If you are an adult interested in volunteering at the Saint James School in any capacities including CYM Basketball, please review the following mandatory requirements carefully. The regulations have been put in place by the Diocese of Metuchen and the New Jersey Department of Education.
All volunteers must submit the following documents:
- Criminal History Check:
- Fingerprinting must be completed by the IdentoGo system. The cost is $24.20. Please contact Mrs. Deb Lewis at email@example.com for the required form. Then you may visit the IdentoGo website and follow the instructions to schedule appointment. Once fingerprinted, the criminal history approval letter from the State Police will be forwarded to the St. James School Background Coordinator by the Diocese of Metuchen for our files.
- Please provide the St. James School Background Coordinator with your IdentoGo form with receipt attached after you have been fingerprinted by IdentoGo.
- Every three years after being finger printed and cleared by New Jersey State Police, volunteers are required to have a name recheck done. The fee for the name recheck is $10 payable by cash or check made out to Saint James School.
- Please contact the St. James School Background Coordinator for the NJ State Police Name Recheck form.
- Protecting God’s Children (Virtus) Training
- There is no charge for this training. Visit the Virtusonline.org to register for a session at a site and time which is convenient for you. Once you have completed Virtus training you are required to submit a copy of your Virtus Certificate to St. James School Background Coordinator.
- Diocese of Metuchen Volunteer Application
- School volunteers are required to fill out and submit the following: Volunteer Application Form - contact Deb Lewis for a copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code of Pastoral Conduct
- School Volunteers are required to read, sign and submit the following: Code of Conduct Form - contact Deb Lewis for a copy email@example.com